Don’t worry; this isn’t about to be one of those recipe blog posts where the author goes on and on for several paragraphs before FINALLY getting to the actual recipe. I’ll get to the point real quick. I love meal prepping for the week, especially for lunch. I find it makes my days so much easier if I take the time over the weekend to cook some tasty, healthy meals for the upcoming week. This broccoli & bell pepper quinoa salad is a favorite of mine for lunch during the week. It is easy to make and is SO GOOD. It’s full of flavor, it’s super healthy, and will keep you energized. So with that, here is my recipe for broccoli & bell pepper quinoa salad.
Makes 2 servings
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt, cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning
Here’s what you need to do:
- Cook the 1/2 cup of quinoa according to package instructions. Once finished cooking, let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cooked quinoa, diced red bell pepper, broccoli florets, pepitas, and feta.
- Now you want to make the dressing. In a small bowl, add the 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon. Whisk the two together. Add in salt, cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to taste. Whisk together again. There is no specific amount for the seasonings; I just eyeball it to my liking. Use whatever amount satisfies your tastebuds.
- Pour the dressing mixture into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix together.
- If using the salad for meal prep, divide it in half and place in two tupperware containers.
- Can be stored in fridge for up to 4 days (??? I’ve always eaten it within this timeframe and it’s always been fine)
I hope you enjoy! If you do give it a try, feel free to let me know!
Checkout my journaling guide, Journey to Journaling: 36 Journaling Prompts to Inspire You & Promote Thoughtful Reflection, and my self-care guide, Worth It! A Guide to Helping You Practice Self-Care. Both are available on Amazon for $9.99 as a paperback and a Kindle edition. Both are also available for $9.99 on Payhip as a digital download if you prefer a digital copy but don’t have a Kindle. Click the links below to purchase: